1. As a user of the public portions of the Empire Mortgage website, you are not required to provide us with any personal information, and we do not monitor or collect any personally identifiable information from you on your use of the public portions of our site. We may track the number of users who visit particular portions of our site, but such aggregate numbers do not identify you. We may also record the location of your computer on the Internet, for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes, and to report aggregate information.
2. We emphasize to our employees the confidential nature of customer information and the high level of importance we place on maintaining this confidentiality.
3. We maintain personal information in a password-protected electronic file outside of our website or its servers, and we limit access to such information to employees who need to have such information to provide services to you.
4. In addition, we may disclose information about you if requested or ordered to do so in the course of a legal or regulatory proceeding.
5. We may gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, respond to your inquiries, and fulfill your requests:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles).
- Tracking information which our web server automatically recognizes each time you visit our site or communicate with us by e-mail (for example, your domain name, your e-mail address, and what pages you visit); and
- Information you volunteer, via applications, conversations or other methods.
- Any other sensitive and confidential personal and financial information as it relates to your note or mortgage either owned by us or not owned by us.
6. We may use this information to:
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our site and other communications tools, such as magazines or online advertisements and other print related content delivery methods.
- Notify you of updates to our site.
- Notify you of relevant products and services.
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs.
- Compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware.
- Track usage of our sites.
7. Empire Mortgage does not share, sell or trade e-mail addresses, but may provide you with on-line informational or marketing messages that have been approved by Empire Mortgage for the purposes described in Part 8 of this policy.
8. We will not share, sell or otherwise provide other information about you to third parties, except for:
- Other vendors for the limited purpose of contacting targeted groups of members, through marketing vehicles approved by Empire Mortgage.
- When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public.
9. We maintain security procedures and standards, which we believe, are as safe as today’s technology permits. We test these procedures and modify them regularly as new technologies become feasible.
Although we have tried to create a secure and reliable web site for our users, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted via our web site or by e-mail cannot be guaranteed. When disclosing any personal information, all users should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to others, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without user consent. Accordingly, users should consider carefully if they want to submit sensitive information that they would not want disclosed and should recognize that their use of the Internet and our web site is solely at their own risk. We have no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via the Internet. Please see our Legal Terms for more information on the use of our web site.